Episode: #47 Sunjeev Prasad on using your style to tap into your true potential
Who: Today’s guest is Sunjeev Prasad, the founder of Street Gentleman, who helps ambitious men feel more confident, by teaching them how to dress well and know what is stylish. As he states ‘The goal is to ultimately make men feel confident and empowered. Men’s style happens to be the vehicle for achieving this. When you look great, you feel great, and when you feel great that translates into performing great — both in the workplace and in your personal life.’
In this interview, we discuss fashion, style and how to use both to tap into your true potential in all aspects of your life.
Check out the affiliates
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
Want to optimise your health? Then you need to try Onnit! Use the code ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear
For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Way of the Seal’ by Commander Mark Divine, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ and some super soft, super comfy and gain showing jeans from Barbell Apparell. Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ at the discount code section and get 10% off all orders!
For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
What we cover
- Who he is and why he is well known
- His upbringing and the role it played in his sense of self, style, fashion, and identity
- Who he used as role models when he was younger
- If style is individual, why should men care what others think of their style
- His definition of a good role model, someone who is masculine and a good man
- How he helps other men using his mastermind group
- Where he thinks modern men are going wrong with their style
- The role that men see fashion playing in their lives
- Do wardrobe staples exist? Can these staple pieces for all men actually exist if it is all unique and individual?
- Flipping the switch, what are the ‘no nos’ of fashion and style?
- How would he start working with a new client and helping them match their goals through their style
- What memory aides we need to use when trying on clothes to make sure they fit right
- What should we do with our current clothes when we are looking to build up a new style
- Any hacks we can use to make the maintenance and preparation of outfits easier for our schedules
- How can we make sure that the clothing items we select are authentic to us rather than a copy of others or a way to fit into the group dynamic
- How do we work on using our fashion and style to develop as a person and not become too self-obsessed in the clothing only
- How should we deal with those people who ‘hate’ on our new style and movement out of our comfort zones?
- How should accessories be used to build our own individual style?
- How does he deal with the fast break questions
- And so much more