Episode: #27 Dave Camarillo on how martial arts can win you the life you want
Who: Dave Camarillo, Multiple World Champion MMA Trainer. Author – Combatives Instructor – Traveler – Black Belt BJJ-Judo. He’s a feared competitor, inspiring coach and podcaster. In this interview, we discuss martial arts and how they can make you fight your demons and win the life you truly want.
What we cover
- Who he is
- How he created his hybrid fighting style and what it taught him to combine the fighting styles
- What he thinks is wrong with modern men – how we have lost our fight
- Why MMA and the UFC has exploded in recent years with such a large fan-base
- Would he have gone into martial arts if there wasn’t the family connection? What draws him to compete?
- Why fighting is a needed aspect of life and manhood
- Why you should take up a martial art as soon as possible
- How martial arts can help with emotional baggage and bullies
- How you can pick the correct programme, school, training method etc for you (and where I went wrong!)
- How you can be the best student possible, what a martial arts teacher would like you to be like
- Is learning martial arts the same as learning any other skill? Dave outlines an awesome way to look at learning BJJ … and how BJJ is like Chess
- Why you should do martial arts
- How did he make the change from competitor to coach and businessman?
- Why you should have an outlook of creating the battle and not chasing the glory
- His family dynamics with a brother who also competes, a strong father and how growing up could be a pain and what it taught him about life, competing, strength and motivation
- How martial arts can help your child’s growth and development
- How does he deal with the fast break questions
- What you should take from this interview
- How you can keep in touch with him
- So much more
Connect with the Guest
- Interested in Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu – click here
- Follow Dave on Twitter here
- Follow Dave on Instagram here
- Like Dave on Facebook here
- Want to listen to his podcast – Find the Position Impossible podcast here
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps.
Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
A product you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out.
I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
For all affiliate deals, special offers and reader exclusives, please click this awesome link: Let’s see them affiliates!
Want to listen to another episode?
To see all current episodes, simply click here.