Episode: #40 Eric Bandholz (@ericbandholz) on Beards, brands and building your own beardbrand
Who: Today’s guest is entrepreneur and founder of Beardbrand, Eric Bandholz. He has built a very successful business in teaching and providing men with amazing grooming products and advice on how to build your facial hair into your style.
In this interview, we discuss beards, business, grooming hacks and how to make your facial hair represent the true you.
Affiliate highlight: Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
I am particularly loving the Gainz Box and it’s awesome fitness goodies straight to your door, the delicious protein from ‘The Protein Works’, Alpha Brain the cognitive enhancer from Onnit and some awesome steaks from MuscleFood, which are amazing with fried veg! For these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
What we cover
- Who he is and why he is well known
- What got him interested in the grooming world and why he started to grow his beard
- How interest in facial hair has changed over the years – does having a beard = being a man?
- What defines masculinity for him and what makes a good man?
- The story behind Beardbrand and where the inspiration for the name came from
- How he combined masculinity and feminity into his business
- Tips on working with partners on a project
- Can anyone build a business or a better question: should anyone try to build a business of their passion?
- How he made it OK for men to start showing their beards some much needed TLC!
- How the media affects our style and has changes in the medias portrayal of beards changed his business and clients
- Who are ‘Beard Role Models’ and who does Eric consider as his role models
- How do you know if your facial hair suits your face, your style and look?
- Can we do anything to help grow more facial hair and how do you pick the facial hairstyle that suits you?
- His tips for product creation and his experience on ‘The Shark Tank’
- How you should start grooming your facial hair and the philosophy you should approach this with
- The grooming products and accessories that Eric loves (and not all are his!)
- How you should build your new facial hairstyle into the rest of your evolved life
- How has fatherhood changed him and his style and bsiness approach
- What the future of Beardbrand is
- What Eric wants everyone listening to take from the interview
- What is an unusual fact about Eric that few know
- How can you keep in touch with Eric and the evolution of Beardbrand?
- And so much more