Episode: #39 Jack Donovan on redefining the way we see masculinity today
Who: Today’s guest is Jack Donovan (starttheworld), who is Mr Masculinity.
From Jack’s about page: “Jack Donovan is the author of the The Way of Men ? a straightforward, politically incorrect theory of masculinity that became an underground hit around the world … Donovan has been blogging, writing and speaking about masculinity and tribalism since for over a decade … He lives in the Pacific Northwest, where he leads a chapter of the infamous Wolves of Vinland ? an esoteric tribe of Germanic pagans.” I don’t know if I need to say anything more as an intro!
In this interview we discuss masculinity, why it is not a dirty word and why we should undertake our own journey to become better men and more masculine men.
Affiliate highlight: Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
I am particularly loving the Gainz Box and it’s awesome fitness goodies straight to your door, another is OMG Yes, which is a video series on how to truly pleasure a woman and my Barbell Apparel jeans that feel so comfy but show off your muscle gains in all the right places. For these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
What we cover
- Who he is and why he is well known
- What happended during his childhood that made him look in masculinity
- How is masculinity being portrayed in today’s society
- What is masculinity and who are the great role models of masculine energy?
- Where he thinks modern day men are going wrong in society and the factors that affect thier masculinity
- How can we recreate the old rituals that boys undertook to become men like the old civilisations do but do it in our easy lives
- Why do you need a tribe to truly become masculine and a man and how it needs to be set up/contain to succeed.
- Can we use sports etc to replace these missing rituals and tribes in our lives?
- Are the characteristics of what makes a good man the same across the world?
- What he thinks about the style of masculinity that is shipped by today’s media?
- Can you grade masculinity? Are we masculine or not or shades of masculine more or less than the next man?
- What challenges could you set yourself to become a more masculine man and develop yourself?
- Why is there not a push for men to become more masculine in today’s society?Why do some men hate on those who try to improve in their lives?
- How should today’s men adapt to the differing roles of women and equality in the modern world
- Can you ever become too mascline? At what point does becoming more masculine cause problems?
- How does the role of the father play in how masculine a man is and how good a man he will be? How should we raise the next generation of men to help raise good men?
- How does he deal with those who dislike the masculinity message he is bringing out?
- How should those listening overcome jealousy, hate etc when they try to become a more masculine man and a better man?
- How can you tell if you are becoming a better man? What is the yard stick or criteria we can use to show improvements?
- The message those listening should take from this interview?
- Are there any unusual things about Jack that will blow your mind?
- How you can keep in touch with him?
- And so much more