Episode: #50 John Lee Dumas on building a podcast that ignites your listeners passion
Who: John Lee Dumas (@johnleedumas) is one of my favourite podcast hosts. He is the host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, an award-winning podcast where he interviews inspiring Entrepreneurs every Monday and drops value bombs every Thursday. With over 2000 episodes, 1.3 million listens every month, and seven-figures of annual revenue, JLD is just getting started. Visit EOFire.com to set YOUR Entrepreneurial journey ON FIRE!
In this interview, we discuss podcasting, whether it is right for you or not, what makes a great show and how you can set up a show that will burn up the charts and ignite your listener’s passion.
A quick word about the affiliates before we get to the interview …
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
Want to optimize your health? Then you need to try Onnit! Use the code ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear. You really need to check out Alpha Brain, a cognitive enhancer that makes your brain work more effectively. They are also offering a number of free trials of supplements you should take advantage of.
For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Way of the Seal’ by Commander Mark Divine, I liked it so much I had to interview him, which will be out in a few weeks, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ which provides awesome advice on training, health, nutrition and building successful lives and some super soft, super comfy and gain showing jeans from Barbell Apparell. Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ at the discount code section and get 10% off all orders there!
For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
What we cover
- What podcasting is and how do you know if it is for you
- How he keeps things going forward and avoiding burning out
- Tips on how to manage tasks
- How does JLD prep for each guest and how his approach to the guests which may sound counter-intuitive but is actually really smart?!
- How JLD helped me fix a big problem I had on the site!
- How JLD conducts such quality interviews
- Are there any real reasons why you should wait before starting your own podcast?
- The interviews he is most proud of
- What he wants everyone listening to remember and take from this interview
- And so much more