- Who he is
- How did his upbringing help shape his love of entrepreneurship
- The importance of a father figure in the evolution of a man
- What sort of ideas work for a new business
- Is education important to a new entrepreneur – do you need the training to become a business mogul?
- What are the benefits of a structured education?
- The key skills that today’s young people should be looking to become skilled in to get ahead of the pack
- What similarities he has noticed in the amazing people he has worked with over the years
- When is the point to move on, to develop or evolve a current product or move to another platform/method?
- What made him the appealing employee for some truly great entrepreneurs? What characteristics of him help him win such great positions?
- When is the right time to leave a position and move onto another venture?
- What the most successful people trust most
- Best strategies to utilise when you are trying to network and build connections.
- His interest in self-experimentation and how it has shaped his outlook on life.
- What are his typical daily routines and does he ever have a ‘typical day’ like someone else who works a ‘9-5’ jobs?
- Meditation – is it worth it? In a world run by technology, how does shutting down and powering off your mind like a computer help?
- The importance of the work/life balance and how hobbies can shape you as a person and as an entrepreneur.
- If he had his time again, would he change anything?
- How does he deal with the fast break questions?
- What does he want the listener to take away from this interview
- An unusual fact about himself that few others know.
- How can you keep in touch with David and follow his adventures and upcoming projects?
- And so much more
Episode: #52 David Kelly on tips and hacks to become the man who can help grow a business to 7+ figures
Who: Today’s guest is David Kelly, who is currently the general manager for the vastly successful King Sumo and has worked with some of the business industries greats. In this conversation, we outline why he has been so successful, entrepreneurship and provide business hacks to help your business grow and develop as a person at the same time. David has gone from building things out of lego to being able to say that “43+ million people have played with the products and ideas I’ve created.” In this chat, we find out how you can do that too. David may not be as well known initially as some of the other people I have interviewed but he is going places, he is a very warm, friendly guy, who is very analytical, driven and is really shaking things up. Listen to his journey and find out those things that will help you become more like him.
A quick word about the affiliates before we get to the interview …
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
Wanting to get fit internally and externally, then you need to try some of the awesome fitness gear and supplements that Onnit makes. From steel maces to the amazing cognitive enhancer ‘Alpha Brain’ to a truly amazing line of kettlebells shaped in the guise of animals and superheroes and so much more … you need to try Onnit! Use the code ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear. They are also offering a number of free trials of supplements you should take advantage of and trial which work best for you before committing to a full bag.
For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Natural’ the pick up video guidance course by RSD Max, which aims to help you become a natural with women, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ which provides awesome advice on training, health, nutrition and building successful lives and in which is the philosophy and tactics he has used to just finish swimming around the UK without going on dry land once, and if you, like m, love Amazon, then feel free to use my Amazon link to get some great discounts and bargains, including a Kindle that is currently my favourite gadget for passing time when travelling, web surfing, reading ebooks and so much more, a truly awesome buy for you or a gift for someone else with Christmas coming up.
Get some super soft, super comfy and gain showing jeans from Barbell Apparell. Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ at the discount code section and get 10% off all orders there!
There are so many other great offers from My Protein, Under Armour, The Protein Works, Bulletproof Coffee, Me Undies, Gainz Box, Dollar Shave Club and so many more. For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates. I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
What we cover
Some things to reflect on
- Sometimes it is best to become a manager in a start-up before trying your own start-up, you learn the basics and the key skills that you will need to make your version a success
- There are so many paths to entrepreneurship – you don’t need to do the ‘modern’ or ‘typical’ route that you hear big-name founders following. Not everyone can or should be another Facebook but there is a potential audience open to everyone no matter the type of idea.
- We always have an opportunity, no matter your starting point, you choose how you react, how you take. Don’t let the man in the mirror talk you out of trying, you have no idea where you might go.
- Creativity in games, sports etc can make you more creative across the board.
- Education can be important but the experience is vital. To be a good founder, you need to be experienced in every aspect or find someone else who can be. Everyone has a uniques path and skill set that can be utilised to make a fantastic team.
- You need to really believe in what you are doing to succeed, you need to believe in your mission. However, it is probably a bad approach to try and do it all on your own. You need a strong support team and network to do this, rather than being on your own. You need to support each other as you will fail but a strong support team will help you get back on track and help you out of the problems and out of the development plateaus.
- Working on your business is important … but you need to step away from it at times, to relax and recover and build a strong work/life balance. Too much time spent will end up exhausting you and that causes burnout and most will struggle and fail. You need to work but play too. You need to plan breaks and work smart not hard.
- Everyone is trying to figure this journey and business journey out. No one has it down perfect.
The links you will need to connect with the Guest
- David’s website is available here
- Book a Clarity Call with David here
- Visit Davids LinkedIn here
- King Sumo
- Noah Kagan
- Ramit Sethi
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps. Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
Products you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out. I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load||What the affiliate is|
To get the Kindle that I love, buy it here
Blinkist summaries the important points of books for quick learning
Learn to become a natural with women by learning how to become the man you were always meant to be!
Please click here if you would like to read my review of this awesome product
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear