Episode: #45 Mark Bell on intelligence, creativity and becoming the best version of yourself
Who: Mark Bell (@marksmellybell) is the founder of Super Training Gym, Power Magazine and the inventor of the Sling Shot. He is also a pro powerlifter who has totaled 2601 at 275. Mark’s mission is to empower those who seek to improve their lives through fitness. He states that regardless of age, gender, or your weight – the only true trait that matters is heart and determination. His products are created to help you achieve your goals inside and outside the gym. As he says, Strength is never a weakness and weakness is never a strength.
In this interview, we discuss his philosophy on life, intelligence, creativity, business advice, and how you can become the best version of yourself. I have been a big fan of Mark for years and it was superb to have him on as a guest. We cover a lot of non-training topics in this one and it will blow you away as Mark is a very deep guy with a lot of advice gems.
Check out the affiliates!
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
I am particularly loving the Tribes of Mentors book by Tim Ferriss, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ and Onnit are just going from strength to strength with Alpha Brain and some new awesome supplements. For some free trials and speacial deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
But there is an even better deal:
What we cover
- Who he is and why he is so well known
- His upbringing – was he always destined for weight-lifting and what made him awe-struck as a child
- What was the awakening that changed his life
- What he considers a good man to have and who his idol is
- What helped him find his own personal awakenings for transformations and how you can do the same
- What habits does he think men should be doing daily to better their lives
- Where does his creativity come from
- How has doing a podcast affected him and how he views training, masculinity, the world etc and how his podcast style changed as he has
- Finding a better outlook on life
- How he transitions from competitor to coach to boss and what he enjoys about each role
- How he coaches athletes and why he finds success compared to other coaches
- The importance of facuets and water – which ones do you have open
- How he empowers and inspires others by teaching people how to live first then how to lift
- How to select the best gym for you and the worst things you can do that stop you from becoming a better lifter
- How Mark helps others and how you should approach this for the best success – the value of trust to understand
- What he would like men to take from this interview
- How you can keep in touch with Mark and his projects and how you can train at the Super Training gym
- And so much more