Episode: #50 John Lee Dumas on building a podcast that ignites your listeners passion
Who: John Lee Dumas (@johnleedumas) is one of my favourite podcast hosts. He is the host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, an award-winning podcast where he interviews inspiring Entrepreneurs every Monday and drops value bombs every Thursday. With over 2000 episodes, 1.3 million listens every month, and seven-figures of annual revenue, JLD is just getting started. Visit EOFire.com to set YOUR Entrepreneurial journey ON FIRE!
In this interview, we discuss podcasting, whether it is right for you or not, what makes a great show and how you can set up a show that will burn up the charts and ignite your listener’s passion.
A quick word about the affiliates before we get to the interview …
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
Want to optimize your health? Then you need to try Onnit! Use the code ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear. You really need to check out Alpha Brain, a cognitive enhancer that makes your brain work more effectively. They are also offering a number of free trials of supplements you should take advantage of.
For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Way of the Seal’ by Commander Mark Divine, I liked it so much I had to interview him, which will be out in a few weeks, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ which provides awesome advice on training, health, nutrition and building successful lives and some super soft, super comfy and gain showing jeans from Barbell Apparell. Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ at the discount code section and get 10% off all orders there!
For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
What we cover
- What podcasting is and how do you know if it is for you
- How he keeps things going forward and avoiding burning out
- Tips on how to manage tasks
- How does JLD prep for each guest and how his approach to the guests which may sound counter-intuitive but is actually really smart?!
- How JLD helped me fix a big problem I had on the site!
- How JLD conducts such quality interviews
- Are there any real reasons why you should wait before starting your own podcast?
- The interviews he is most proud of
- What he wants everyone listening to remember and take from this interview
- And so much more
Some things to reflect on
- People who succeed tend to have one big idea and go all in
- It needs to be something that you are passionate about to succeed, to keep motivated and moving forward
- Batching is a great method to get work done
- Be creative and take rests; you need both to succeed
- No style is perfect or the ‘right way’, but you need to enjoy it and go for it
- Commit to it and see how you feel after 30 days and then review – great advice that can be applied to anything!
- How can you make your podcast different to all the other podcasts out there
- What an unusual fact about JLD is and how you can watch footage of it
- How can you provide great value to your listeners?
The links you will need to connect with the Guest
- Visit Fire Nation here
- Access Fire Nation free resources here
- Subscribe to the Fire Nation podcast here
- Like JLD on Facebook
- Follow JLD on Twitter
- Subscribe to JLD on Youtube here
- Follow JLD on Instagram here
- Access the free training for 3 hours to your big idea
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps. Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
Products you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out. I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load||What the affiliate is|
Blinkist summaries the important points of books for quick learning
Learn to become a natural with women by learning how to become the man you were always meant to be!
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear