Episode: #27 Dave Camarillo on how martial arts can win you the life you want
Who: Dave Camarillo, Multiple World Champion MMA Trainer. Author – Combatives Instructor – Traveler – Black Belt BJJ-Judo. He’s a feared competitor, inspiring coach and podcaster. In this interview, we discuss martial arts and how they can make you fight your demons and win the life you truly want.
What we cover
- Who he is
- How he created his hybrid fighting style and what it taught him to combine the fighting styles
- What he thinks is wrong with modern men – how we have lost our fight
- Why MMA and the UFC has exploded in recent years with such a large fan-base
- Would he have gone into martial arts if there wasn’t the family connection? What draws him to compete?
- Why fighting is a needed aspect of life and manhood
- Why you should take up a martial art as soon as possible
- How martial arts can help with emotional baggage and bullies
- How you can pick the correct programme, school, training method etc for you (and where I went wrong!)
- How you can be the best student possible, what a martial arts teacher would like you to be like
- Is learning martial arts the same as learning any other skill? Dave outlines an awesome way to look at learning BJJ … and how BJJ is like Chess
- Why you should do martial arts
- How did he make the change from competitor to coach and businessman?
- Why you should have an outlook of creating the battle and not chasing the glory
- His family dynamics with a brother who also competes, a strong father and how growing up could be a pain and what it taught him about life, competing, strength and motivation
- How martial arts can help your child’s growth and development
- How does he deal with the fast break questions
- What you should take from this interview
- How you can keep in touch with him
- So much more