What is it?
Character: James Bond (played by Daniel Craig)
From: James Bond Films!
What is this clip about: James Bond meets the über sultry Vesper Lynd (Eva Green) for the first time and they sound each other out over dinner. This is my favourite film and this clip blew my mind the first time that I saw it. It is probably the first time in a James Bond movie that Bond is challenged by a ‘Bond Girl’. I am hoping to go into this scene further in future posts.
Why should I watch it?
- Bond and Vesper give a master class in the ability to shift who is holding the power in a conversation back and forth by simply what you say.
- Bond sounds her out to see if she is worth his time. He makes her work to see if she is worth pursuing. He is self-amusing and doesn’t supplicate to her.
- Bond tools her repeatedly and draws her in, she responds to him throughout. Bond is brilliant in how he engages women throughout the film.
- Bond stays on the right side of confidence vs arrogance. He thanks her for mentioning his ass (which could lead to an arrogant reply), but he also uses self-depreciating language to avoid coming across as arrogant (sympathising with the skewered lamb).
- Bond talks masculine in a deep and slow manner, maintains strong eye contact and dresses smartly. These all allow him to feel good within himself and project the confidence outward. He is also in great shape and this makes him feel confident and secure in himself.This clip is a great example of how you can draw confidence from your daily life.
How can I do that?
- Stop putting women on pedestals – stop making them ‘special’. A lot of dating guys will not put any serious work or be too bothered towards a woman in any way until he has slept with them.
- Self-amuse around women. Go out simply to have fun – women are a secondary consideration. Build a life of great fun and excitment and women will be naturally attracted to you.
- Look to hang around with people who challenge you and encourage you to learn new skills and better yourself. As the old saying goes: “if you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room!”
- Have hobbies and interests that you enjoy and can talk about. Be interested in the world around you and during interactions with people.
- Dress confidently and maintain the virtues of deep masculine tone, strong eye contact, get into shape etc.
- Appreciate and enjoy the little things in life e.g. a great conversation.
So, who do you think won in that scene? Did it blow your mind or suck ass? Let me know in the comments below and then watch another!