Episode: #26 Stan “The White Rhino” Efferding on building true strength in your life
Who: Stan Efferding is an IFBB Professional bodybuilder and World Record Holding Powerlifter. He is one of only 10 men in the world to ever total over 2,300 pounds raw in competition. Stan holds the title as the Worlds Strongest Bodybuilder.
Stan studied Exercise Science at the University of Oregon and has been training high school, Collegiate, and Professional athletes for over 25 years.Stan conducts seminars all over the country for various sports and nutrition and training techniques. He has appeared in many magazines and writes for Muscular Development, Flex Magazine and Power Magazine.
Stan is also a successful Entrepreneur having built three different start-up businesses into multi-million dollar companies.
In this interview, we discuss, body building, business and how to build true strength in all areas of your life.
What we cover
- Who he is
- How did he get into body building
- What he thinks makes a great man
- What makes someone super successful
- How you can build gym consistency
- Where do beginners in the gym go wrong
- Are there fitness benchmarks we should all be able to do?
- How can you build fitness, health, and muscle into your diet – the easiest way
- Why we are quick to criticise and accuse other guys rather than use them as a role models
- The factors that reduce your progress in the gym and where 99% of your gains really comes from
- His take on trolls and steroid use and how you view it
- What little changes did he make that gave him his biggest gains
- A classic example of how he helped one of the strongest men in the world become even stronger by small tweaking his lifestyle and approach
- The changing landscape of weight lifting
- How he uses his education to propel himself to success
- How you can find your why to go to the gym and what will make you stick at it
- How you can build the mental toughness to start building your dream body
- How does he prepare for lifting such huge weights
- How the Rhino tracks his progress and how you can utilise this simple but effective strategy too
- How having a family, a job etc is no excuse to build your dream body
- What he wants people listening to this interview to take away from it
- How he built numerous multi-million dollar businesses as well as slabs of muscles
- The great story behind the Kooler
- How you can keep in touch with him
- What he would say to all men
- And so much more
Connect with the Guest
Something to reflect on
I could say a lot about the interview, truly one of my favourites. Stan gave some amazing ideas, tips and thoughts here that can help anyone. However, his Rhino Rants are fantastic and this is a great one that you should check out just now:
Subscribe to the podcast
A product you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out.
I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
For all affiliate deals, special offers and reader exclusives, please click this awesome link: Let’s see them affiliates!