Next Level Guy? What’s that?
Next Level Guy is a men’s interview, interest and improvement website where I interview the greats from all industries to help others better their lives. Listen to the experts in their respective fields being quizzed and learn something! Listen, embrace, adapt, use and improve!
The main plan for the site is:
- Each episode, I interview a great from various areas of life like self-development, sport, music, business and so on. In the interview, we focus on finding the hidden gems and awesome tips that will help you better your life as well as to discover more about the awesome guest.
- These will not be the usual interviews that you see being repeated on many sites, giving the same tired old rehashed answers, instead, I will cover a wide range of topics, interesting viewpoints and unusual queries to provide great interviews.
- We will delve deep into what makes the interviewee so successful, outlining hacks, tricks, and routines that you can use to rapidly improve your life and start living on the Next Level!
- In between podcast episodes, there will be reviews of great products, highlights of great services you should check out, awesome deals for you to get great affiliate products at for big discounts and so much more.
If nothing else, I want you to leave this site feeling like you’ve learnt something and a better man than you were before. Knowledge is amazing but without actual action, it is just a fact. Learn it, use it, to evolve to become the best version of you possible!
A quick word about the guests – I interview each person(s) because I feel that they have a specific skill, method, personality, manner etc that can be utilised to help others improve or that I am interested in. I will not always agree 100% with a guest on their outlook on some things, their politics, beliefs on certain aspects but on the whole, I feel they are a good role model, example etc for us to watch, learn and copy/act like. Just because I have interviewed them, it does not mean I will not call them out etc as needed or agree with something stupid they may say or to all viewpoints they may have. We should hold others to the same standards as to which we hold ourselves and not just allow them a pass as we want to suck up to them etc.
Click the image above to visit the podcast page on iTunes and subscribe. If you like what you hear, please leave a review!
To listen to all the past podcast interviews, you just need to click here for a very helpful table and links!
Who is this site for?
A Next Level Guy is someone who wants to improve their lives and reach the next level in their knowledge of, skill in, capability in or even to just learn about the various areas of life. My typical reader, but not exclusive to, is: male, mid-thirties, tired of just the pub and clubs, wants to expand their horizons and learn new things, not sure where to start, want to find some mentors and role models to be like and keen to find out how they did it AND how they can do it themselves.
This site is for you if:
- You want more from life
- You want to be happier, more motivated and focused
- You are unhappy accepting societies limits for you
- You want to change for the better but not sure where to start
- You are keen to develop yourself, your skills and interests
- You want to expand your knowledge of life, culture etc
- You want to reach the Next Level in your life
Are you on Social Media too?
I have all the usual social media platforms like all the cool kids have. On these sites, I put up links to stuff I know you should check out on different topics and interests. Please note that some of the links might not be suitable for reading at work but all will make you a more developed and rounded guy!
- Like the Facebook page here.
- Subscribe to the Podcast here.
- Tweet at me on the Twitter page here.
- Follow NLG videos and a number of awesome Youtube playlists on our channel here.
- Click for the NextLevelGuy instagram channel here.
Pick some goals, decide what the next level is in your life and go for it. Start small if you need to but start today.
Who’s behind all of this?
|Me with Diamond Dallas Page|
|Me giving a speech at my sisters wedding, full kilt, looking suave!|
|Me with Brett Gibbs, world class powerlifter at a clinic he ran|
|Just before my 10,000 foot Skydive for the amazing Marie Curie Cancer Charity|
|An interesting shot of me during a Grade 5 white water rafting course in New Zealand|
Yep, that’s me! Thanks for coming by. I am Ian Dawson Mackay. I’m the owner of the Next Level Guy. I am a blogger and entrepreneur who writes to help men develop and better their lives using examples from popular media.
My personal journey has been marked by awkwardness and awesomeness, OCD and ‘OMG’. I’ve done a lot of stupid things that I write about and interview the greats to help others. I am far from an expert, I am just a normal guy who wanted to learn and I noticed others were interested. I have seen a massive change in myself from starting this site and I feel it can help others, so we are all on a voyage of learning and discovery into how to become better men and hit that next level in all aspects of our lives. I enjoy weight lifting, BJJ, working with animals and being devilishly handsome.
At the moment, I’m currently residing in the United Kingdom where I also have been known to help lambs be born. I work full time too and this project is a major passion in my life and one of the things I am most proud of.
My Amazon Wishlist is available here for those who have asked about it!