Who: Today’s guest is Ed Latimore.
Ed has lived an amazing life. He started off on the wrong path, drinking and getting into trouble. Deciding he wanted more from life, he worked hard and has become a professional boxer, served in the military, undertaken a physics major, became a successful chess player, wrote several books and is living a life that he enjoys and is passionate about. In this interview, we find out how you can change your life and become truly passionate about life.
A quick word about the affiliates before we get to the interview… Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info. I’m using my Kindle that I got from Amazon daily, reading ebooks when I travel and loving the films and tv shows you can get on Amazon Prime. The cognitive enhancer Alpha Brain is something that will get your brain flowing and you’ll find your brain runs smoother and faster. Been hitting the gym and want your ass and legs to look awesome? Then you need to use my Barbell Apparell discount code of ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ to get 10% your order of gain improving jeans that your chosen sex will love you in. For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Natural’ the pick up video guidance course by RSD Max, which aims to help you become a natural with women, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ which provides awesome advice on training, health, nutrition and building successful lives and in which is the philosophy and tactics he has used to just finish swimming around the UK without going on dry land once. He is just about to start a tour talking about it around the UK and tickets are available now.
There are so many other great offers from My Protein, Under Armour, The Protein Works, Bulletproof Coffee, Me Undies, Gainz Box, Dollar Shave Club and so many more. For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates. There is something for everyone, the perfect gift for family or yourself, regardless of the occasion. New deals and offers are added all the time, so please keep an eye on this page and use and share as you want, all commissions are spent on improving the website
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
WHAT WE COVER
- Who is he
- How he became the man he is today
- Who does he look to as a role model
- How does he define masculinity and where does he think modern men go wrong
- What advice would he give to his younger self
- How boxing can be used to learn maths
- How did he start to change his life and go after his dreams
- Key skills he learned when he was in the military
- His motivation to write
- How you can start to change your life right now
- How he met his partner and how it has changed him and his life
- Using ‘Emotional coal in the furnace of action’
- Why do people give up when they try and change their life and how to avoid falling into that rabbit hole
- Should all men do a combat sport and what has he learnt from his boxing career about himself and life
- How he has used chess to improve the way he understands life and how he acts
- How does age play in people’s lack of confidence of trying to change their life
- What challenges would he want people listening to set themselves to do
- Would Ed change anything about his life
- Best ways to cut down or stop drinking from his experiences
- What does he want people to take from this interview
- Are there any unusual facts about him that surprises people (yep! Two of them!)
- How can you keep in touch with Ed and see what he is up to
SOME THINGS TO REFLECT ON
- Your current situation is not your future if you want to change things, do it
- You are not born knowing how to be a good man, but it can be learned. It is OK to make mistakes and try again. You can get to your goals faster by asking for help.
- You need to find a purpose, a drive, something to achieve in life. The role of men may be changing in today’s society due to improvement in technology etc but you can still find a purpose.
- It is hard to break bad habits so try and stop them as soon as possible. Replace them with good habits. Ed switched drinking to boxing and changed his life.
- You need to really look at yourself, be open and honest and accept there is something wrong, to motivate yourself enough to improve and change your life
- No matter who you are or who you want to become, you will find there will be people there who will love you for you, who will support and be there for you no matter what
- Your bank account is a good reflection on your quality of life achievements
- To feel good about yourself, you should go out and learn a skill, something that will allow you to help others, that you can do to make a difference in the world and help others which will in turn will you feel value in yourself
- You are the average of the five people you spend your time mostly with. Not happy where you are, change your environment and interact with higher quality people.
- Be the person that people are looked up to and people are proud of, not the type of person that people need to make excuses for
- Without enough time and effort, you can achieve anything in this life, you just need to work hard at it
- Only when you are dead is it too late to change your life for the better
- It’s not always about adding more, its sometimes better to use more of what you have already
- You have options. You can be anything that you put your mind to and with enough time and effort spent at it. You do not need to settle.
LINKS YOU WILL NEED TO CONNECT WITH THE GUEST
- Ed’s website is here
- Ed is brilliant on Twitter here
- Ed is on Instagram here
- Ed is on Facebook here
- Buy Ed’s book by clicking the graphic below – (UK – Affiliate link)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
If you enjoyed the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps. Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
AFFILIATE PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT
|Click the image to load||What the affiliate is|
Blinkist summaries the important points of books for quick learning
Learn to become a natural with women by learning how to become the man you were always meant to be!
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear
WANT TO LISTEN TO ANOTHER EPISODE?
To see all current episodes, simply click here.