Episode: #47 Sunjeev Prasad on using your style to tap into your true potential
Who: Today’s guest is Sunjeev Prasad (@jeevsxxiv), the founder of Street Gentleman, who helps ambitious men feel more confident, by teaching them how to dress well and know what is stylish. As he states ‘The goal is to ultimately make men feel confident and empowered. Men’s style happens to be the vehicle for achieving this. When you look great, you feel great, and when you feel great that translates into performing great — both in the workplace and in your personal life.’
In this interview, we discuss fashion, style and how to use both to tap into your true potential in all aspects of your life.
Check out the affiliates
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
Want to optimise your health? Then you need to try Onnit! Use the code ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear
For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Way of the Seal’ by Commander Mark Divine, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ and some super soft, super comfy and gain showing jeans from Barbell Apparell. Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ at the discount code section and get 10% off all orders!
For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did during the interview. Enjoy!
What we cover
- Who he is and why he is well known
- His upbringing and the role it played in his sense of self, style, fashion, and identity
- Who he used as role models when he was younger
- If style is individual, why should men care what others think of their style
- His definition of a good role model, someone who is masculine and a good man
- How he helps other men using his mastermind group
- Where he thinks modern men are going wrong with their style
- The role that men see fashion playing in their lives
- Do wardrobe staples exist? Can these staple pieces for all men actually exist if it is all unique and individual?
- Flipping the switch, what are the ‘no nos’ of fashion and style?
- How would he start working with a new client and helping them match their goals through their style
- What memory aides we need to use when trying on clothes to make sure they fit right
- What should we do with our current clothes when we are looking to build up a new style
- Any hacks we can use to make the maintenance and preparation of outfits easier for our schedules
- How can we make sure that the clothing items we select are authentic to us rather than a copy of others or a way to fit into the group dynamic
- How do we work on using our fashion and style to develop as a person and not become too self-obsessed in the clothing only
- How should we deal with those people who ‘hate’ on our new style and movement out of our comfort zones?
- How should accessories be used to build our own individual style?
- How does he deal with the fast break questions
- And so much more
Some things to reflect on
- Fashion can help build our identity – what is your fashion and style saying about you, your image, and identity?
- Your style is not just what you wear, it how you hold yourself, how you walk, how you act
- Masculine men take risks and put themselves out there to succeed in their goals
- Working with other men in a mastermind group can help you delve deep into the masculinity of the members and remove the masks they have been hiding behind to become their true selves
- It is never too late, regardless of your current situation, romantic overview, history, age, race etc to start improving your style and becoming the man you want to be
- “We live in a culture that operates on snap judgments” – people make assumptions on how you look and attribute your abilities and their beliefs of you on how you look. Your style can open doors for you that were maybe not going to be open currently
- Consider your fit, complexion, length, and shape when picking clothing that suits you
- Clothes should be “comfortably snug”, it fits your body but doesn’t restrict movement
- You should plan out outfits and batch process the prep work on your outfits, ideally a day before
- Be open and honest with what you wear, make mistakes, ask for feedback and learn from what works, you don’t need to be perfect straight away, but you do need to start to get where you want to go!
- Pick your friends well and leave those who want to destroy you behind – you are the average of the five people you hang around with
The links you will need to connect with the Guest
- Visit his site Street Gentleman here
- Sunjeev is on Twitter here
- Like Street Gentleman on Facebook here
- Download his free style guide here
- Connect with Sunjeev on LinkedIn here
- Subscribe to Sunjeev on Youtube here
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps. Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
Products you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out.I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load||What the affiliate is|
The Protein Works
Free delivery using this link!
Learn to become a natural with women by learning how to become the man you were always meant to be!
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear